1. N.Y.C. New York Color Smooch Proof Long Wearing Lip Color ($4.99, newyorkcolor.com to find a retailer near you) Create a perfect pout with this longwearing lip color. Color Smooch Long Wearing Lip Color provides dramatic color and shine that lasts up to 10 hours. But this isn’t your normal dry longwearing lipstick. Because one end of the stick has a conditioning color and the other end is a vitamin enriched glossy topcoat that locks in color with fabulous shine. Non-drying, smudge proof and transfer proof. So unlike other older long wear lip color this combines comfort and staying power.
2. Pixi Lip Blush ($18, pixibeauty.com) It used to be you’re your only choice for lip color was either lipstick or lipgloss. Well we have come along way and this Lip Blush proves it. This feather-light water stain lip blush creates a blushing healthy hue. Super easy to apply, it creates long-lasting sheer matte color. The unique felt tip gives a precise line that lasts for a minimum of 8 hours. Perfect to create the I’m-not-wearing-makeup look, I just look naturally fabulous.
3. Dr. Hauschka Eye Shadow ($19, drhauschka.com) If your current eye shadow doesn’t do anything but color your lids then its time to upgrade to this silky shadow. Inspired by the natural radiance of your skin this shadow combines extracts of rose and silk to be gentle and nurturing to the tender skin around the eyes. It goes on smooth and feels amazing on.
4. Soft Lips Limited Edition Tropical Flavors Lip Protectant ($2.99 – $3.99, starting in May at Target and in June at Walgreens) If you think lip balms have to be tasteless boring sticks then this lip balm by Soft Lips will blow your mind. These lightly scented lip balms glide on lips to leave them moisturized and hydrated. The seasonal flavors help protect lips from the sun with SPF 20 and have the same great moisturizing properties as Softlips’ other popular flavors. The limited edition tropical flavors include – Coconut Cream with Cherry, Peach Mango with Vanilla, Piña Colada with Strawberry and Passion Fruit with Cherry. Plus each one comes with a complimentary Softlips favorite lip balm.
5. IsaDora Eye Brow Lift & Define ($13, amazon.com and isadora.com) Flipping the old eyebrow pencil on its head (and adding another color on the end) this dual ended eyebrow pencil is a hard worker. Not content with just filling and defining your brows it also wants to highlight them. One end of this multitasking pencil is a dark brown filler while the other end is a soft matte pink highlighter. Why use a eyebrow pencil that only does one job and isn’t that great at it when you can get this pencil that goes on easy and works twice as hard effortlessly.
6. Prescriptives Motor-Eyes Instant Action Mascara ($32, prescriptives.com) This isn’t your mom’s mascara. If you want turn up the volume, color impact and curl of your lashes, while turning down clumping, flaking and application time then this is the mascara for you. The continuous brush vibrations give lashes extreme volume, lift, curl, and length. Give your lashes maximum impact with this revolutionary mascara.
7. Make Up For Ever Glossy Full Couleur ($19, sephora.com) This gel-textured lipgloss is the new color version of the popular clear Glossy Full. This version is highly pigmented in fun wearable shades. Glossy Full Couleur has a light, non-sticky texture that is long lasting and leaves lips ultra shiny. Lips will remain supple and the mentholated fragrance reinforces the iced, frosty effect of the gloss.
8. Dior Bronze Collagen-Activ Smooth Protection Bronzer ($48, nordstrom.com) This will show your other bronzers how it should be done. This multi-tasking bronzer features SPF 15 to help prevent sun damage, dark spots and premature aging. The moisturizing formula available in four shades-instantly smoothes and fills in fine lines to create a firm, flawless complexion. Toss your other bronzers out and make room for this do-it-all bronzer.
9. Too Faced Kabuki Brush ($28.50, toofaced.com) If you have to use a million brushes to do your makeup then your wasting time and money. Brushes can now do more then one job. And the best of the bunch is Too Faced Kabuki Brush. This one-stop shop of a brush is a serious multi-tasker. It is a perfectly portable retractable Kabuki Brush that can take the place of several brushes in your makeup kit. It is the ideal tool to apply bronzer’s blushers powders and shimmers flawlessly anytime, anywhere. And the Teddy Bear Hair bristles grab and blend color without any of the cruelty or hygiene problems associated with animal-hair brushes. Plus its super cute.
10. bareMinerals Liner Kit – Dragonfly/Firefly ($32, bareescentuals.com) Liner has never been this cool. Or this warm. This kit that contains two 100% pure bareMinerals Liner Shadows in warm and cool metallic shades. Offer intense, radiant color for a variety of eye-defining effects. Wear dry for soft, subtle or smoky looks, or wear it wet for a more intense, fine line. Longer wearing than a traditional waxy pencil, Liner Shadow applies velvety smooth and won’t smudge, run or fade off for stay-true color that lasts all day.
11. M·A·C ‘Prep + Prime’ Transparent Finishing Powder ($21, maccosmetics.com) Usually your setting powder is the last thing on your mind. Almost an afterthought as you finish your look. But no longer when this silky finishing powder steps on to the scene. This light powder provides an invisible way to set makeup. It reduces shine while minimizing the look of pores, lines and imperfections. Available in one universal color that suits all shades. You can wear it over makeup or on bare moisturized skin. It may be the last thing you put on but now it may be the star of the show.
12. Cover Girl Queen Collection Natural Hue Liquid Makeup ($6.99, covergirl.com) Makeup made to match your skin tone is a totally new concept for most people. This rich hydrating formula comes in 12 beautiful shades and matches up to 97% of skin tones. No more having to mix 2 different shades to create a perfect color. This foundation comes perfect straight from the bottle. It is a lightweight oil-free liquid formula that contains built-in moisturizers to hydrate skin for a soft, smooth, radiant finish. Blends easily and provides a natural finish.
Marc Jacob The Handy Clutch @ net-a-porter.com