Remember about three months ago when you made those New Year Resolutions? Did you stick to them? Did you become more positive? Get an extra 20 minutes of sleep at night? Lose that last 10 pounds you wanted to? Or did you forget about those resolutions a few weeks after they were made?
Well with spring right around the corner maybe its time to revisit your resolutions and make the turning point for the seasons be the turning point for your life. Ask for that promotion. Run that race. Lose those last 10 pounds for good. There is no better time then the present to make changes in your life that will make you look and feel better.
A good way to start your lifestyle and/or weight loss is with a cleansing. It’s a good way to get rid of the old and start something new. Now with this and everything else you do, you should look for the healthiest way to incorporate into your life. Dr. Gaetano Morello, author of Whole Body Cleansing and a member of the Schwabe North America Scientific Advisory Board, shares her tips and advice on cleansing safely and effectively.
*A cleanse propels your body’s digestion system to help clear out the “junk” you may have accumulated over the holidays. With the right cleanse supplement, two weeks is about what it should take to get your body the momentum it needs to help you reach your fitness potential.
*Not all cleanse supplements are alike. Look for a good cleanse supplement. A good cleanse supplement program can give you the two-week “recharging” your health batteries need. The supplement should include:
* Fiber to help pull out the bad and get things moving. You want to go with a fiber supplement that expands – but does so gently – in your intestines to scrub toxins and excess waste away from intestinal walls and helps prime your body for fitness. It doesn’t give the bad stuff any place to hide or a chance to “double back” and be re-absorbed. Oddly, many cleanse supplements don’t include fiber, so choose carefully.
* A natural, gentle laxative formula. Look for a laxative formula that listens to the needs of your body. Make sure it’s a gentle, predictable laxative with no harsh stimulant ingredients to make you feel off balance – just botanicals that help get things “moving.”
* Support for your liver, too. The liver is always busy. It helps the body keep the good and get rid of the bad. Using an herbal supplement that includes milk thistle can do an amazing job of supporting the liver’s ability to detoxify the body. One thing to look for when choosing a milk thistle product is that it is absorbable (look for products bound to phosphatidylcholine).
Used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise, a good cleanse really helps you jumpstart weight loss and energy. If your looking to start a cleanse do your research and check out this effective and healthy products from Whole Foods Market:
1. Guayaki Organic Traditional Yerba Mate Teas ($6.95 box of 16 bags)- Wonderful Organic teas that come in a variety of delicious flavors including Chai Spice Mate, Greener Green and Traditional. Each Yerba Mate tea bag is made with an array of organic ingredients, to give it a special flavor and to help improve your health A nourishing, green source of energy, the leaves of the yerba mate tree deliver a unique trio of stimulants: caffeine, theobromine and theophylline as well as 24 vitamins and minerals, 15 amino acids, and abundant antioxidants.
2. Guayaki USDA Organic Yerba Mate Organic Energy Shot ($7.99 for 2-pack)-These Organic Energy Shots are fueled by yerba mate’s naturally uplifting, healthy and nourishing properties. The Energy Shots have organic blends of ALL ORGANIC Superfood extracts that will help give you the energy you need to throughout the day. A great way to keep your energy up during a cleansing process and/or weight loss program.
3. Sambazon USDA Organic Acai Diet Energy Drink ($9.49 pack of 4 cans)- This energy drink is not like anything else on the market because not only does it provide you with the energy you need but it also does it organically and with vitamins. Sambazon starts with acai, the amazing little purple berry that is harvested from the Amazon basin. Then they add the vitamin C superfruit acerola, along with botanicals like guarana and yerba mate. When they finish they have created an all-natural, potent energy drink that you will love.