The temps are dropping and it’s time to retire your favorite wedge sandals. Don’t fret. As the season shifts, COCO’s got you covered with the new players in the shoe game. We guarantee you’ll find a new favorite!
1. Clogs – These clunky slip-ons made a fashionable comeback in the Spring. Now they’re back in full force and we’re kind of digging them. Wear them with cuffed boyfriend jeans and a blazer, or during cooler days with wool tights and your favorite mini. Check out these Gap studded leather clogs, $79.50.
2. Peep-toe wedged booties – We know that’s a mouthful but we’re looking at the funky combo of a peep-toe and a wedge all in an ankle boot. It does wonders to your calves and becomes an instant statement piece to any ensemble. If you’re bold enough, try a leopard print version. Prefer to play it safe? Then go for suede. Check out these Jeffrey Campbell “Mary Roks” wedges, $120.
3. Riding boots – This Fall classic is back! And we couldn’t be happier. They’re comfortable and chic. There are so many different takes on the riding boot, there’s something for everyone. Choose between distressed, sleek, buckled, two-toned, even rainboot styles. Or if you’re like us, don’t choose at all and try them all! Check out these Ciao Bella “Thabbata” riding boot, $99.95.
4. Lace-up booties – We’re loving the fresh new designs—cut-outs, studs, zippers, oh my! A lace-up bootie will never be the same. Rock them with some pleated shorts and tights, or to toughen up a girlie dress. Check out these BCBGeneration “Carino” booties, $99.99.
5. Animal-print ballet flats – It’s no secret that animal print is big this Fall. Move over leopard because there’s a new king of the fashion jungle. While you’re sure to find a stylish pair of leopard-print calfskin flats, you’ll notice zebra and even cheetah prints as well. All we can say is, Rawr. Check out these Banana Republic “Samie” ballet flat, $98.
-Audra E. Lord