Motions celebrity stylist Ursula Stephen is the brain’s behind Kerry Washington’s romantic yet modern hairstyle at the 2011 “Keep A Child Alive” black ball. The stunning style was a perfect compliment to Kerry Washington’s whimsical Donna Karan resort dress and works beautifully for casual and formal Winter events. Ursula Stephen gave Coco & Creme the secrets to Kerry’s classic look:
Follow these steps to recreate Kerry’s look:
1. Start the style with clean dry hair, you can use Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo.
2. Using a large curling iron, curl medium sections of hair.
3. As you go, pin each section to hold in place until you have completed the entire head, mimicking a roller set.
4. After curling is complete, remove the pins and let hair fall on its own.
5. Using a teasing comb, lightly brush through each curl, tease the root and spray with Motions Hold & Shine Spray to keep in place.
6. To finish the look, slightly twist and pin one side!
What do you think of Kerry Washington’s look at the 2011 “Keep A Child Alive” Black Ball?
–Jessica C. Andrews