According to London rag the Daily Mail, a UK doctor is speculating that a local woman, 34-year-old Atasha Graham, died after an allergic reaction to weave glue.

Apparently, Graham collapsed after returning home after a night out at a club. Although drugs and alcohol don’t seem to be a factor (she only a had small, non-lethal amount of alcohol in her blood and no drugs), doctors suspect the glue from Graham’s weave may have entered her blood stream through her sweat, triggering a deadly allergic reaction.

Although it seems like a freak accident, apparently, death by weave glue has happened before.

Pathologist Doctor Michael Heath told the Daily Mail he’s seen it before: “I’ve seen cases where people using solvent to apply hair extensions has actually caused anaphylactic shock.

“There are about 10 to 20 deaths a year in this country, many more in America. I have seen four in the last three months.”

Even though the coroner confirmed Ms. Graham died of anaphylactic shock, he couldn’t pinpoint exactly which allergen caused her death.

Have you ever had an allergic reaction to a weave?

  • MK

    scary

  • cupcakes and shiraz

    She probably had a latex allergy.

  • http://fattiesoslim.tumblr.com FattieSoSlim

    Thinking the same thing as I was reading this!

  • MarloweOverShakespeare

    Think you might be right. What else could’ve been in her bloodstream aside from the list of possible allergens? (found on the following webpage)

    http://www.webmd.com/allergies/guide/anaphylaxis

    Please be careful ladies.

  • London

    To rachel
    This comment was inappropriate and distasteful, yippy wow your natural great bet there is someone in your family who isn’t, what if this was your sister or mother, show some respect, some of the comments on hear really emphasis how much hate black people in america have for one another its disgusting.

Read previous post:
Close