While we’re all making our last-minute decisions about what we’d like to give up or implement in the new year, we thought it might be fun to take a break and think about what kinds of resolutions some high-profile celebs might be making today.
We’ve picked just over a handful of folk who’ll likely be making be changes — for better or worse — in 2013, as well as folks we’d like to hear from more (or less) in the new year.
Feel free to add your own picks in the comments section.
1. Katt Williams: Katt, time is of the essence. You need a great deal of professional help. Seek it, invest in it, stick with it. With all these assault, child endangerment, and audience-alienating headlines you’re making, it’s clear that 2013 is going to be a tipping point for you. Resolve now to make some healthy, positive changes as the new year rings in.
2. Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada: So we hear you’re back together. Okay. Y’all know y’all. But now that you’ve decided to make a second go of things in 2013, we hope that you’ve resolved to get some real counseling from a licensed family therapist. We hope you’re both committed to implementing the anger management tips you’ve likely learned via voluntary courses and/or Iyanla Fix My Life. 2013 just might be a comeback year for you, Chad.
3. T-Boz: Looks like your TLC reality show, Totally T-Boz, premieres tomorrow. That’s cool, and we’re gonna give the pilot episode a go. But, according to the promos, it also looks like you and Chilli are still pretty committed to this TLC comeback you’ve been trying to get off the ground for a few years now. In 2013, we’d really love it if you both found a new niche. You, in particular, would be seriously entertaining as a permanent judge on one of these reality talent competitions that are always cropping up. Yes, we know you tried that a few years ago when you tried to fill the third spot of your erstwhile trio with a girl who called herself O’so Krispie. But this would be different. Better. Trust us.
4. Tracee Ellis Ross: Things didn’t pan out for you in 2012 the way we would’ve hoped. We were a little sad that you left the BET sitcom you helmed, Reed Between the Lines, reportedly in order to take a shot at a role in an NBC prison drama that was never picked up. But you debuted a fantastic website that showcased your impeccable instincts as a tastemaker. And, as far as we know, you’re still happily dating Akon’s wealthy younger brother, so … winning! But in 2013, we hope you resolve to find your way back onto our TV screens on a weekly basis. We love you and you’re awesome.
5. KimYe: Though we’re a little surprised you didn’t wait to drop the bomb about your wombfruit until the first of the new year, we’re happy to congratulate you! Here’s the thing, though: it’s pretty obvious that you both have a thing for the limelight (it’s as obvious as water being wet, obvious as NYE falling on December 31 every year, obvious as Keeping Up with the Kardashians and Kanye’s kilt). Sometimes, when celebrities start a new family — even celebs who milk photo ops and speak in soundbytes — really find value in spending the first few months of their new child’s life shrouded in privacy. That might be a good thing for you both to resolve in 2013.
6. Dave Chappelle: This will be the seventh year that Chappelle’s Show has been off the air. Since then, we know you’ve returned to your stand-up roots, but the results have been inconsistent. This year, as every year, we really wish you’d come back in a big, stable way. We’re not sure how to formulate that into a quick and concise resolution, but if you’re working on it, that’s good enough for us.
What kinds of resolutions do you imagine your favorite celebs are (or should be) making right now?