CBS knows exactly what they’re doing.
They’re successfully profitting off of racism and it doesn’t care about anything else but ratings. Now in its 15th season, Big Brother has shown more than one houseguest making racist comments to other contestants on the show.
Jezebel compiled a list that could be titled, “Shit Racist Big Brother Contestants Say” and of course, it’s all from the white contestants directed towards the 3 minorities, one Asian and two African-American.
- Aaryn mocks Korean-American contestant Helen by using “Asian voice,” talking about getting her nails done, happy endings, making rice, and squinty eyes.
- GinaMarie mentions that she should punch Helen in the face to “uncross her eyes.”
- Aaryn refers to gay houseguest Andy as a “faggot” and “queer.”
- GinaMarie says that Howard and Candice are going to be an alliance because “the blacks stick together.”
- Aaryn points out that the black and white fish in the house’s aquarium are appropriately segregated with the white ones on top and the black on the bottom.
- Aaryn references Candice’s skin color saying that you have to be careful in the dark “because you might not see the bitch.”
- GinaMarie refers to welfare as “n*gger insurance.”
Most recently, Aaryn’s wrath was focused on Candice as she flipped over her mattress. After warning her not to flip her mattress again, Aaryn responded back in a ‘black’ accent mocking Candice.
“Whatchu gon’ do gurl…whatchu gon’ do? Class girl. Where’s yo class?” Aaryn mocked.
And not to be outdone by her friend, GinaMarie Zimmerman (oh the irony of that last name) piped in with more racism.
As Candice was getting worked up, GinaMarie confronted her saying: “You want the black to come out?”
What does CBS decide to do? It slaps a huge disclaimer before the show airs. If they really cared about the racist attitudes displayed by the contestants, they would evict them from the house.
“At times, the Houseguests may reveal prejudices and other beliefs that CBS does not condone,” the disclaimer read. “Views or opinions expressed by a houseguest are those of the individuals speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS. Viewer discretion is advised.”
CBS, I see you. You’re not slick. Keep on enabling the racists and sitting back hoping one of the contestants will physically retaliate. More ratings, more ratings.