Talk about beating a dead horse.
The good folks over at Buzzfeed obviously thought it was a novel idea to take every last study done about online dating preferences, as it pertains to Black women, being the least desirable and made a video about it.
On their Buzzfeed Yellow channel, a video was recently posted using data from several studies that were released over the last couple of years. The most recent study, from which they compiled their data, is from AYI: The Data of Dating:
* The data showed that Asian women are the most preferred by all men except Asian men – who prefer Hispanic women.
* Asian, Hispanic and Caucasian women prefer Caucasian men while Caucasian men are more likely to respond to everyone but Caucasian women.
* Caucasian women are twice as likely to respond to Caucasian men than African-American men.
* African-American men are more likely to respond to women of different races but receive three times more responses from African-American women than a non-black woman.
* African-American women prefer all races over Caucasian men but are the least likely to get a response from all men.
Take a look at the video below, which asks if people have dating preferences:
As a person who looked at these statistics before and laughed at them, I’m laughing even harder at the fact that Buzzfeed, stooping to the lowest common denominator, took the time and effort to re-inform us that it’s hard in the dating world, especially for a Black woman.
Personally, my dance card is full, I don’t know about yours.