Getty Images/CW

Getty Images/CW

Angelea Preston, a former contestant on the famed America’s Next Top Model, is filing a $3 million dollar lawsuit against host and media mogul Tyra Banks.

The suit was filed in Los Angeles on Wednesday and it alleges that Preston was abruptly dismissed from the show, which cost her the opportunity of garnering the grand prize because of her past activity as an escort.

Preston had quite a history with the show. She began her stint in Cycle 12 but was booted off. She was invited back to try again during Cycle 14, but her luck ran out and she was ultimately kicked off. But after being brought back for Cycle 17’s All Stars season, things improved considerably. She made it to the final stage – facing off with two contenders for the crown. But once again, she was shut out and ended up being disqualified, even though she claims she had been declared the winner.

After her elimination, Preston alleges, the finale was re-shot to accommodate the chosen winner.

Preston wants to be compensated accordingly – and her outlined demands were made available to the Associated Press:

“The lawsuit names Banks, who is the show’s executive producer, and The CW network. The lawsuit says Preston won the show’s Cycle 17 in 2011 and was entitled to a package that included $100,000 contract with CoverGirl cosmetics and a fashion spread. Preston says she was wrongly disqualified because she had worked as an escort before taking part in the show. Messages to an attorney and a manager for Banks weren’t immediately returned.”

The CW issued the following statement to TheWrap:

“As noted during the broadcast of the ‘America’s Next Top Model’ finale in 2011, information about Angelea was learned after production wrapped on that cycle that led to her disqualification from the competition. We are confident that her lawsuit has no merit.”

Tags: , ,
Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter