To help all of these pro-Black men, who are so worried about the Black association with racist organizations, here is a list of: 6 Organizations Pro:Black Men Should Stop Supporting (Cuz of Racism)
1. The NFL (and AFL) It seems that Ben Watson may need to find a new day job, because the NFL was not only openly racist and discriminatory, but instated segregation lines to keep white, racist fans happy when the game became more popular.
2. The NBA Despite the fact that the NBA was established in 1946, African-Americans didn’t even appear in the league until 1950? Why? RACISM. All Ya’ll Black men making money, giving money to and watching the NBA best stop now.
3. The Government of The United States of America. Hey Black men, so that super huge governing entity that is responsible for lawmaking and law enforcing? Yeah, well it has a super racist history. Not only did it condone the enslavement of Black folks, but it also wrote laws to legalize it. Why should you be associated with an entity that considered Black people Three-Fifths of a person?
Here are some insightful quotes about Black people from America’s founding fathers:
“in general, their existence appears to participate more of sensation than reflection.” — Thomas Jefferson
“when freed, he [the Negro] is to be removed beyond the reach of mixture.” –Thomas Jefferson
“To be consistent with existing and probably unalterable prejudices in the U.S. freed blacks ought to be permanently removed beyond the region occupied by or allotted to a White population.” — James Madison
4. The American Private education system. Many private universities raised money and recruited students from rich, slave-owning families including (but perhaps not limited to):
Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Penn, Columbia, Rutgers, Brown, Dartmouth and the, University of Delaware.
By the middle 1700s, most Princeton students were the sons of slave owners. Many of Columbia’s students were sons of slave traders. Y’all Black men enrolled at these ivy leagues trying to better your lives? Better drop out, cuz of racism!
5. Chase Bank, Bank of America (and other banking institutions) Many of America’s banks have Implicated in benefitting from slavery. Some made a fortune from the slave trade, others accepted slaves as collateral, taking possession of 1,250 slaves from owners who defaulted on loans. Best start closing all them checking accounts and credit cards my dudes. Cuz, ahem, racism.
6. The American Police System. So, by the way, America’s first “police patrols” were glorified slave hunters. Let’s let PhD Victor E. Kappeler, Ph.D explain. Here is an excerpt from his book, “A Brief History of Slavery and the Origins of American Policing”:
“The birth and development of the American police can be traced to a multitude of historical, legal and political-economic conditions. The institution of slavery and the control of minorities, however, were two of the more formidable historic features of American society shaping early policing. Slave patrols and Night Watches, which later became modern police departments, were both designed to control the behaviors of minorities. For example, New England settlers appointed Indian Constables to police Native Americans (National Constable Association, 1995), the St. Louis police were founded to protect residents from Native Americans in that frontier city, and many southern police departments began as slave patrols. In 1704, the colony of Carolina developed the nation’s first slave patrol. Slave patrols helped to maintain the economic order and to assist the wealthy landowners in recovering and punishing slaves who essentially were considered property.”
Y’all mens working for or calling the police department whenever you are in need of it’s services, best stop cuz, racism!
By now, certainly readers should’ve gathered that this article is being tongue-in-cheek and this list was far shorter than it could be. In truth, America was founded on racism. Most of its politics, organizations, ect were influenced by racism. Most assuredly, no institution has a spotless history nor can we expect that it should as Black people who damn well understand the history of America’s racist beginnings.
So why do some of these pro-Black men feel it necessary to criticize organizations that exist to benefit Black women, because of racism, but refuse to indict the racist organizations which they are openly a part of, benefit from and/or promote? Such Black men need to be thinking hard about this question. And, well, they also need to be finding new jobs, closing their bank accounts, dropping out of schools and moving the hell out of America altogether.