I am in the Twilight Zone. Either that or NAACP has lost their damn minds. Why in the world is The Real Housewives Of Atlanta nominated for an Image Award? Sure if we were doing the image of the stereotypical angry Black woman (Nee Nee Leakes would win that one), catty women, etc. Or even the award for how much unnecessary and scripted drama you can create in an hour, they would have a shot next one of Diddy’s shows. This lets me know that NAACP has truly lost touch with the productive African Americans of today and is aiming simply for popularity in order to make them seem more newsworthy. I mean really. What exactly have these women done to deserve this honor?
I refuse to believe that there were absolutely no other Black Entertainers, Scholars, or anyone else who could have taken their slot. NAACP are we really that desperate now? Guess so.
The Nominees Are….
Outstanding Reality Series
* “American Idol 8″ (FOX)
* “America’s Next Top Model” (CW)
* “Dancing With the Stars” (ABC)
* “Extreme Makeover” (ABC)
* “Real Housewives of Atlanta” (Bravo)
Outstanding Variety – (Series or Special)
* “BET Awards 2009″ (BET)
* “Bill Cosby: The Kennedy Center Mark Twain Prize for American Humor” (PBS)
* “Michael Jackson Memorial Service” (ABC, BET, CNN, MTV, NBC)
* “Wanda Sykes: I’ma Be Me” (HBO)
* “We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial” (HBO)