Mother’s Day is this Sunday and if you are like me, you probably have not picked out exactly what you are getting your mother just yet. Each year, it is a constant struggle to impress her with something that she will love and cherish forever. In order to find something unique, I often have to search high and low and really think of creative things. Here are ten unconventional gifts that my mother and hopefully yours will love.
1. Leopard luggage: If your mom is like mine, she likes a little glitz and glamour and nothing captures that better than leopard. These suitcases from Neiman Marcus are sure to tickle her fancy and accompany her wherever the wind takes her. They are also 25% off until May 5th. ($150-$190)
2. A bright bag that will last her forever: Hot handbags are the ways to any woman’s heart and Cole Haan’s Heritage Weave Stripe Avery Hobo Bag is a great choice for your mom in a bright color that will bring her joy whenever she wears it. ($298)
3. A JewelMint subscription: Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but really any piece of great jewelry is. JewelMint is a new site started by actress Kate Bosworth and her stylist Cher Coulter and it gives its members an edited selection of jewelry each month. Buy your mother a subscription for her big day and lust over the great pieces she buys thereafter. ($29.99)
4. A stay at one of the world’s finest hotels: Jetsetter is Gilt Groupe’s travel site and through it you can buy stays at the world’s most luxurious hotels for discounted rates. Buy your mom 3 nights at the Armani Hotel in Dubai and thank me later.
5. A way to keep her in shape without any effort: My mom swears by her FitFlops and constantly hints at me buying her a new pair. They are extremely comfortable, come in an array of colors and designs and will give your mother a workout while she is just out running errands or even cleaning the house. ($59.95)
6. A sweet fragrance that she can take wherever she goes: During the day, freshening up is needed and Bond No.9’s Chinatown Gold Pocket Spray is the perfect way to do that in a beautiful gold case. ($85)
7. Bliss Spa’s Fabulous Facial: Nothing makes a woman feel better than being pampered. Bliss Spa’s Fabulous Facial is one of the best around and with locations all over the country, you can find the one closest your to your mother and surprise her with a beautiful treat. ($120)
8. A statement ring she will never forget: Yves Saint Laurent is an iconic brand and the Aco Stone Ring will be the perfect complement to your mother’s most glamorous ensembles. ($19
9. The best skin she has ever had: When I received the Clarisonic Skin Cleaning System as a gift, I was overjoyed. My skin has never been so soft. Your mother will love it and will thank you for giving her the best skin she has ever had. ($195)
10. A new spin on flowers: Flowers are so cliché for Mother’s Day aren’t they? Instead, buy your mom Alexis Bittar’s Flora Gold Large Daisy Pin for a new take on the age old gift. ($495)
What will you be buying your mother for Mother’s Day?
– Faith Cummings