When four-year-old Andra McGowan saw sparks coming from an electrical plug while he was watching cartoons he knew he needed to act. Immediately the pint-sized hero alerted his mom, which ended up saving their lives.

Although officials say that most children Andra’s age usually hide when they spot a fire, he began yelling for help.

“I heard my baby yelling and screaming, ‘Mommy!’ He kept saying, ‘Fire! Fire!'” Anica Duke, Audra’s mother, told a local Indianapolis news affilate. “I ran into the room where he was. It was him. His yelling out. That alarmed me and I ran immediately and I thank God that I ran immediately ’cause it was already growing too fast.”

The fire spread rapidly, damaging much of the family’s home, but they are just hankful to just be alive.

“Things can be replaced. I don’t know yet how they will be replaced, but I’m just glad that I did not lose my child,” Duke said.

Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter
  • Candy 1

    Aww, it’s good he was able to know what to do. I wonder if someone bought him some new clothes….

  • A

    Thank God! Happy they are alive and well!

  • PJ

    Indeed this young fellow is a pint-sized hero. Correction: A brilliant pint-sized hero! Very proud of him.