It’s been nearly twenty years since the kids of Hillman College graced our TV screens and introduced America to inner workings of a black college campus. While many of us have longed for the days of high quality black shows, Debbie Allen, one of the show’s directors and producers, is itching to put the old crew back together.
According to Shadow & Act, Allen’s been tweeting about reuniting the team.
1. Hey Guys. Go get the new @EBONYMag we talk about A Different World 25 years later it’s the one with @AKILPRODUCTIONS SPARKLE on the cover
2. @EBONYMag article about Different World made me really want to get back in the saddle with a that show…
3. 3. We need to revisit this wonder arena and get my crew back. Whitley, Dwayne, Ron, Kim, Jaleesa, Mr. Gaines, Freddie.
4. 4. We need to recap this ground breaking series that is so missed in TV today..can I get an AMEN #adifferentworld
5. 5. I get enough amen’s maybe @BillCosby , Marcy, and Tom will let us put hillman back on the block…. #adifferentworld
While there are no plans in the works to bring ‘A Different World’ back to TV, the idea is an interesting one.
With an ‘In Loving Color’ reboot coming to networks this fall, and ‘Dallas’ and ‘90210’ back on TV, reintroducing ‘A Different World’ to the next generation could be just what young audiences need to get them excited about higher education.