Prepare yourself for a Netflix surge tomorrow. And maybe even an outage as the new season of Orange Is The New Black is released. At the end of the last season, we saw Piper lay the smack down on Pennsatucky after constantly being tormented. The cliff hanger left us wondering what was in store for the next season. Well let’s just say, Piper is reunited with her ex-girfriend, and Pennsatucky has a life changing event happen to her mouth.
As to not give spoilers, because we all hate spoilers, OITNB is definitely a show that’s binge worthy. It’s so hard to pace yourself through each episode since all of them are at your disposal all at once. In this next season, we’re given an in-depth look at the origin of Tastee, Crazy Eyes and Pousy’s life and how they ended up in prison. We’re also introduced to Tastee’s “mentor” who ends up in jail as well.
This season will definitely include more about the Latinas that are housed in the prison as well. As some may have noticed in last season, there was a beef growing between them and the black inmates.
1. Nudity. “I love graphic sex, the more sex the better,” Kohan said at an industry lunch in April. And the show has certainly put some of its performers on display right from showering get-go. This year may include male nudity, Kohan said, with a caveat: “I don’t think it’s going to be erect.”
2. Triangle tension. You know that romantic triangle between prison guards Pornstache (Pablo Schreiber) and Bennett (Matt McGorry) and Daya (Dascha Polanco)? It’s going to get messier. “There’s kind of a tectonic shift happening between Pornstache, Bennett and Daya by the big point of the second season, and I think you might be surprised who you may be siding with in that triumvirate,” Schreiber told EW.
3. A rising writer. Larry’s had some success with his column about having a fiancée in prison, but his relationship with her is under strain. “If you’re going to keep Larry involved, there needs to be some sort of change, and there are some in store,” Jason Biggs, who plays Larry, told EW.
4. More romance and back story. Big Boo (Lea DeLaria) and Nicky (Natasha Lyonne) are going to have a “sex contest,” reports TV Guide. We’ll find out more about Red’s (Kate Mulgrew) Russian gangster past. And watch out for a key insect.
5. A change of the guard? A number of “Orange” stars have commitments to other shows. Natasha Lyonne (Nicky) is doing an NBC show produced by Amy Poehler, and Schreiber is working on an HBO comedy. Laura Prepon (Alex) told the Daily Beast she will be in just four episodes in season two, though she’s indicated she’d be willing to come back full-time for season three. Kohan is already thinking ahead. “If I could keep cycling people through and bringing in new people, the show could go on forever,” she told EW.
Clutchettes, are you a fan of OITNB? Do you pace yourself or binge on all episodes at once?